random craps...that is my life รำพึงรำพัน กระแสความคิดของปัจเจกชนบนโลกใบใหญ่

Monday, May 21, 2007

Do Dogs live for humans? Not necessarily

Many people who visited Bangkok are surprised by the prevalence of stray dogs. I still remembered the auntie of Okonomiyaki-ya near Kyodai getting so hyped up when she recounted the memories of her trip to Thailand esp. about beautiful trannies and stray dogs: "They are everywhere!" (in a very high excited pitch and flapping hands)

Well, there is this wonderful blog by Casanova--a real insider in the pack--that I have been enjoying reading. I assure you his firsthand accounts of memorable and tough days with his fellas are really worth checking out.

http://bkkstreetdogs.blogspot.com/

Now I can't help thinking about stray animal euthanasia in developed countries or what one of my japanese friends said about the the creatures of the world living for the sake of us humans....because we turn out to be cleverest and strongest among them.

And a Thai movie came out lately with all the principal leads being four-legged. I heard the film is making it to Canne as well, amazing!

MaMha (Mid-Road Gang)

[Click on the 4rd tab on top to see English-subtitled trailer]
Movie Review

I only hope this movie to be more than a family slapstick comedy but from the trailer it already seem to be about the heartwarming doggy friendships that help these dogs go through their daily hardship in the urban jungle. Who knows a little doggy movie may carry a powerful social message than we expected?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home