random craps...that is my life รำพึงรำพัน กระแสความคิดของปัจเจกชนบนโลกใบใหญ่

Friday, December 21, 2007

Thai indie



Here are Tattoo Colour and Scrubb with their mixed idiosyncratic pomo rock style. They sound easy and passing atmosphere of a Bangkokian pub-restaurant of the young. I first encountered Fah (Tattoo's most popular song) on the bus just the day before I flew out of Bangkok to Berkeley. It was love at first hearing and then I googled the band from my fragmented memory of the lyric. I thought the vocal is quite awesome with his jazzy style and soon found out that the guitarist (Ruzzy) is also really talented and can really sing. (the vocal once gave a comment that the band could have only Ruzzy if he had ten arms because he composed and arranged his songs and could play any instrument). Anyway, the reason I like this band very much is probably because they capture the sensibility of the Thais of my age (and they are same years as mine).
The other band is Scrubb. I can't tell what their style is, but i like the fresh sound of acoustic guitar mixing with some instruments. somewhat like Brit pop, maybe?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home