random craps...that is my life รำพึงรำพัน กระแสความคิดของปัจเจกชนบนโลกใบใหญ่

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Making it big on YouTube! (Warning: urban legend)

HOLY SHET!! she managed to sell a nintendo DS for $9000 on ebay!
A user on YouYube--applemilk1988 (or Emily as she called herself) a 19 yo.girl from Florida whose profile is shown to
have 13199 subscribers, and 665,357 channel views only seems to have started her vlog 5 months ago.
She speaks fluent casual Japanese published what she called "Intense Japanese Lesson" videos which somehow managed to draw a huge fan base.
She likes to alternate between Eng and Japanese and then last month she decided to auction her nintendo DC on ebay to save up money to go to Japan
Surely, she didn't forget to advertise it on Youtube....I bet you know what came next...(yeah, that made my first line of this entry).

But unfortunately, there is a consequence. Some individuals (out of jealousy, I guess) started attacking her website and blog etc and now it's down.

I hope I can put my knowledge of japanese to some good use =)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

seems like you have so smuch free time that you can write every day.
finish exams already? where's your next univ?

12:13 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:14 AM

 
Blogger Ong said...

hey, Por, you are having time to stalk my blog as well...haha
The answer is no, i'm not done yet but the last final is on Friday. I'm just bored and anxious to graduate and go to UC Berkeley next year. so horrible...no motivation to study for the final.

Actually, I was thinking of you around your birthday at the end of March (too much shit to do back then, i am not sure I already said happy birthday to you...but...)

Anyway, I planned to stop by Kyoto again (June 12-25) before going home this summer. Let's hang out again!

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home